Thursday, February 25, 2010

stopping time

Things have been wearing away at me. I had to get out of the house for a few days. I packed the kids into the van and headed to our houseboat. It was cold and deserted at the marina.




But not quiet-hundreds of gulls were spending the week at the lake! I know it must be part of their migration home. It added a new ambience to the lake. Whenever I stepped outside I could hear them calling each other.



At night it was quiet-even the gulls had to sleep. I love the water at night. You can hear the gentle slapping of every little wave against the boats. It creates a gentle rocking that you aren't even aware of until you are back on solid ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the music on your blog! I found you because, apparently, we both loved Witches of Eastwick. Nice blog-I enjoyed the visit.